That weekend we went to DC

Sunday, May 4, 2014


That weekend we went to DC the trees were just beginning their gradual ascent to Spring. They were laced in a feathery green, a few weeks ahead of the New York City tree timeline. We were there for less than 48 hours, but enough time to see some of the sights, hang out in a few parks, have an easter egg hunt, and even enjoy a leisurely brunch at Founding Farmers - a place we had been told by at least 3 people not to miss.








And since I'm loving on DC today, I thought it would be appropriate to gather some of my favorite recent DC blogger posts, too:

DC mom of two, Alicia Sokol at Weekly Greens has a few rules about weeknight dinners: they have to be on the table in 30 minutes from prep to finish, and everyone has to sit down together and eat the same meal. If only I could be this disciplined! Perhaps with Alicia's thoughtful shopping list and advance preparation ideas I could be.

E of District of Chic has outfit posts that are chic with a little edge. Like flowery dresses with leather motorcycle jackets. 

One of the most well-known DC bloggers, Sydney at The Daybook is a sweet, thoughtful writer with a rather magical life. She brings a bit of rocker flair to her outfits that I always appreciate. She's currently pregnant with her second child and her maternity posts are lovely.

Emily a folklorist and writer of the DC pie blog, Nothing in the House has decamped to the wilds of New Hampshire for a two-month-long immersive writing program, and while there she won't be using a computer, cell phone, digital camera, or the internet! She's going to be writing posts longhand or with a typewriter and taking only film photos, follow her journey here.

I've mentioned Lauren Liess here before, but this DC interior designer and blogger at Pure Style Home always impresses with her airy designs. She's just about to start a house renovation, so you guys can jump in at just the right time!



6 comments:

  1. Looks like such a lovely time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so sweet to mention me! And you put me on to a couple blogs I actually wasn't previously familiar with! Did you stay at the Willard? Great pics of our fair city!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi E, we stayed at the W, actually ... amazing views :) Thanks for visiting me here!

      Delete
  3. Looks like a great time! We will be there in June and I can not wait! I am definitely putting Founding Farmers on our list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny, you'll love it! Their food was amazing. Try to make a reservation though. We went for brunch on a sunday and it was pretty crowded.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger